Same food...just tastes better

My son is 2 and he has always been a great eater. He has now entered this phase where if it is on his plate he won't touch it...but if the same thing is on my plate he will sit on my lap and eat until it is gone and ask for more! I think he is convinced what I have tastes better...does this happen to you?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 9:30 AM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Just for Fun

• YES. My son is a good eater too, but things on my plate, the exact things on his plate, seem to taste better to him. Maybe because I haven't smooshed it and destroyed it. Mine still looks like food.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:32 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• We dont allow our kids to sit on our laps at mealtime but when we are over at my in-laws granma does, and yes, they are the same way with her.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 9:47 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• All 4 of my kids did this and the 4 year old still does ! I think its a kid thing !
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 9:54 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Yep, drinks too. It's a phase they go though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• yeah it is an attention thing. my son is thin so i allow it because i want him to eat the healthy food i slaved over, i doubt he will wanna sit on my lap as a 10 yr old so i am sure he will grow outta it...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:48 AM on Nov. 25, 2008