Other people kissing your child on the mouth?!

What are your thoughts?  Personally I don't allow it.  My dad isn't very big on affection so if he ever planted a smackaroo on one of my kids mouths I would be shocked, lol.  As far as friends and family go, that's a no.  Nor are my kids allowed to eat or drink after anyone.  Hey, we're adults, we do grown up things with our mouths and I feel like my hub and myself are the only ones who need to be kissing our kiddos on the mouth.  Another question about kissing our babies on the mouth made me think about this.  Now I'm interested in what you all think.

MrsHouston47302

Asked by MrsHouston47302 at 7:47 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• nobody kisses my kids on the mouth but me and dh. the one exception is their little cousin (DH's niece) who is 3. and of course, my kids kiss eachother on the mouth sometimes LOL but again they're sisters so it's okay. but beyond that, i wouldn't tolerate it. my husband's family is Cuban and we're all cheek kissers, and that's fine. my family is all huggers and that's okay too.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• other people kissing my kids would be wierd to me, but my son does kiss Great grandma and Grandma, he is 8, and my 16 yr old does kiss them on the cheek. but if a stranger did that i would be like WTF? or even some family friends.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:50 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I think it is a cultural thing, I am Latina and in our country not even parents do this it is considered a no no......we are very touchy feely but not in the mouth ever.....

Answer by older at 8:56 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• NO
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 11:46 AM on Mar. 19, 2011