Mean girl

IF you got a phone call saying your daughter who was in 2nd grade told another girl a 3rd grader that nobody likes you, your Dad killed himself when she was a baby because he hated you and your step Dad left because he couldn't stand to be around you? the Mom of the girl that said the mean things started yelling at the Mom and telling her how much of a bitch she is. Made me really hurt for the 3rd grader and after hearing how the Mom of the other girl acted i am not surprised where it comes from now, and how the things we do and say to others can effect our kids.
It just made me sick to my stomach when i heard this.

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 8:15 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• How awful! And sad. Even tho schools have cracked down hard on bullying (my dau's school just hosted a Cyber-bullying mtg) the efforts being made are not getting thru to everyone. Unfortunately, I think there will always be people out in the world that, for whatever reason, are just mean-spirited & say & do hateful things. But if the majority of the people are kind & stand up against this behavior, at least we will always have the support & safe places to turn.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Unfortunately, I have been witness to this kind of behavior in kids and know that most if not all behavior directly came from the parents and their environment. It is sick and I wish that people would see how their behavior affects their kids and that they are not mini adults.
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 8:22 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• W O W . . . thats sad
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:27 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I HAVE gotten a phone call home from my daughter's preschool telling me she and another little girl were picking on all the girls in their class if they didn't have the right brand of shoes. You can BET there was no making excuses for MY daughter. MY daughter worked in the food pantry at her grandmas church. MY child learned about money and priorities. MY child had cheap shoes after that. She was NOT raised to be that way, and I was NOT about to hear of that EVER happening again. And that was over shoes...god help her if she ever got a phone call home like that!!!!

I think it just goes to show EXACTLY where that behavior comes from...the parents! A parent who will defend that behavior is simply trash who has no standard of behavior for her kids! And the kids learn that quick! If a child acts that way in public, you KNOW they are no angel at home, so I'm sure that 2nd grader will be fun to deal with as a teen!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:15 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Very rarely have I seen really mean kids that don't have mean families and mean attitudes (not that i have seen a whole LOT of REALLY mean kids). After I get over my complete distaste for the child I just want to hug him/her, what kind of ugliness is this child living with that kind of meanness spews out? What is this child being called? What is being allowed into this child's life that that much garbage spills out?
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 9:08 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• And yet you feed this hatred and cruelty by spreading it around..
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 8:19 AM on Mar. 19, 2011