Do you still make an Easter basket for your older kids?

I feel guilty if I don't include my eldest (20) in on the Easter basket- is that silly? I know she needs things for school and her dorm, so I put said things in a basket along with some candy. Do you think that's too childish?

Philly247

Asked by Philly247 at 8:44 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Not childish, just being a mom. Don't worry. So many kids out there wish they had a mom like you! They'll look back and see that you cared when they were included and love you all the more for your thoughtfulness at giving them something they needed along with their treats.

Droyal14u

Answer by Droyal14u at 2:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• no, my Mom always did that for us.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:47 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Nope not at all, I'm 32 years old and would love to receive something like that still. Sometimes it's not about the "easter basket" but the idea that you still think of your children, and that is a great way to let them know that you haven't forgot about them...and thank you, I think I have a couple people in my life who will be receiving baskets this year...just so they know I thought about them.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 8:47 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Nope- not silly at all. I still make baskets for my boys too. They still live at home- but who doesnt love goodies?! :p And when they ever move out, I'll probably still get them a choc bunny for old times sake. :) Heck, even my husb gets one so he stays out of the kids' baskets! -lol
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:47 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My parents give me candy er somthin :D lol
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:56 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• aww, no i dont think thats silly =P thats really sweet. my mom still gets me a little something and i will be 25 this year =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• not silly at al.. I think its cute and sweet.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 9:00 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• no not silly...
    My MIL makes baskets for me & DH (we each get our own lil' basket). she is the sweetest she even makes a candy basket for my nephew-that is 21! lol :-)

My mom stopped giving me baskets around the teen years. baskets where linked to the easterbunny & hunting for eggs.. so once i was too old for that.. i was too old for the basket..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Nope but I do get them a card and candy
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Not silly at all. I still get each one, and their SO, a chocolate bunny every year.
    knappkin

Answer by knappkin at 2:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2011