Twilight fans- WHAT is a Fangirl??

??? I've been hearing that term alot lately- is it a generic term for fans of movie stars, or solely relating to female Twilight fans??

ZoeKatsMom

Asked by ZoeKatsMom at 9:39 AM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Fangirl is a term for a girl that is a huge fan of ANYTHING, not just Twilight. Twilight fans are better known as Twilighters (there are other names, but I like that one the best haha). You can be a fangirl of a band (I was one of NSYNC in the 90's), a movie (like Star Wars or High School Musical), a book (Twilight!), a celebrity (Johnny Depp), etc etc etc. Fangirl is a blanket term. There are also fanboys, but they're...well, boys =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:57 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I've never heard of it but looking at it, it looks like it reads "fang girl". Twilight is a vampire movie, hence the "fangs".
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:43 AM on Nov. 25, 2008