What Does the Mucus Plug Look like and does it guss(sp) out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Its similar to a clump of snot and can be tinged pink or brown. It does not gush...I noticed it when I wiped after using the bathroom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• it looks ....like snot....

you can lose it slow...or you can lose it in a clump!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:54 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• It can come out in little pieces, or in one big chunk. I can be clear, white, pink, brown, red, all kinds of colors.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:54 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I've had 3 children and I"ve never once seen my mucus plug.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• It does look like snot like the PP's said and it can come out all as one big lump or in little bits. If it does come out, that means you are starting to dialate. It's not at all dangerous that you've lost it and labor could still be weeks away. It will keep renewing itself until then and you'll continue to have a mucusy discharge, so wear a panty liner.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:57 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• well i was asking because i felt water like coming out and when i looked it was watery and some discharge
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

That sounds more like your water broke than a mucus plug. Call your provider, there is a very simple litmus test they can do to see if your water just broke.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2008