Liberal logic?

Since progressive/liberals tended to ignore this question, can you please explain how to make this math work out, in the progressive/liberal world?

We are paying 6 billion a DAY servicing the debt

national deficit for February was $222.5 billion, or $7.9 billion per day.

The proposed democrats cuts will keep the government running even for about 30 hours. Those brutal cuts proposed by the republicans, $61 billion, would have the government running even for about a week.

What will give at these levels, when we crash?

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 9:41 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Liberal logic is an oxymoron!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Lori, in the words/lyrics of Meatloaf ~ ya took the words right outta my mouth!
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Yep, it's not if, it's when, and all these people that are worried about protecting all these programs are going to be S>O>L when there's nothing to fund them with.

They've got to be ruthless. Simply got to be.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:31 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Cut spending AND raise revenue- Ruthless for ALL citizens is right. Stop the entitlements for ALL- Logic doesn't generally pick and chose based on $$$$$ in the pocketbook.

Everyone on board? Or is the real reality to harsh for some???????

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:43 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I agree sisteract. ALL entitlements must give.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• "I agree sisteract. ALL entitlements must give."

I also agree . . . and I say this as someone whose son is on Medicaid. If we don't get our financial act cleaned up, there will be NO Medicaid for him or for anyone!

tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 12:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• "Yep, it's not if, it's when, and all these people that are worried about protecting all these programs are going to be S>O>L when there's nothing to fund them with."

What is SOL? Any relation to DOA?

tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 12:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I don't know what DOA is, but SOL is "sh*t outta luck".

And I agree with Sisteract as well. We don't have the money to spend funding the all of the numerous entitlement programs. I feel for all the people who would struggle should the programs fall, but something has to give.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

LOL you two been kissing?

Sigh...yet another song now stuck in my head...but at least it's an excellent one!!!!
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 3:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Cut, cut, cut...across the board. I want itt to be deep, like 500 billion. IMO, if you have to amputate an arm, it is better to cut it off all at once.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2011