What do you do for Easter?

For Easter what do you and your kids do. Easter egg hunt, cookies, eggs? I am just not sure what i want to do besides an egg hunt. Just wanted to see what everyone did because in my family we always colored eggs i did not even realize people baked cookies for Easter! I thought that was just Christmas! haha

MamaHardy2008

Asked by MamaHardy2008 at 9:55 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Holidays

• we don't bake cookies either, but they do sell the sugar, precut kind with easter decorations on them at the store so it does make sense. i wouldn't mind trying that this year with the little ones =)

anyway we typically color some eggs, and when they're going through their baskets i go outside and hide them around the yard. then they take the baskets they got their stuff in and go egg hunting. my mom and my husband's grandma both have family get togethers, so we usually do an early lunch with my parents and then an afternoon lunch followed by another egg hunt at his grandma's house.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:00 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i've never heard of baking cookies as an easter event.
    we color eggs, hide them a few times, take a family photo..hopefully, outdoors, weather-permitting. on easter sunday, we will be in church, as we are every sunday.
    that's about it. other than playing with dye and boiled eggs, its a normal sunday for the Millers!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:57 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• we go to church - then lunch with family & friends
    Leezah

Answer by Leezah at 10:00 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Church, then dinner with family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• We are having a party.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Easter Egg hunt in the morning, Easter lunch, divy out the Easter baskets (mostly books and toys in our house)...We've never dyed eggs before, but I think we are going to try to do it this year. Usually for Christmas, we do some sort of charity, and I'm thinking I may start that for Easter, too.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Easter/Ostara is about life and rebirth. Christ rose from the dead, plants are waking up, time for planting. Plant your garden, plant some herbs in your kitchen, let the kids plant some flowers. If it's still too cold where you are, get a throw-away cake pan, fill with potting soil, plant your seeds in it, and by the time they are ready to plant in the ground, the weather will be nice. The kids can take turns watering them, with your supervision, of course.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 10:23 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Go to church. Everyone dresses in their very best. Take pictures.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:24 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My DH and I make our girls Easter baskets and then we color eggs with the girls, we have 2-3 egg hunts we do , then I make a big dinner .
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:27 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Church as always....it's not just a holiday trip.
    We decorate hard boiled eggs and hunt for them on Easter as well as jellybean/candy and plastic egg hunt. They also have to find their baskets. We eat egg salad sandwiches for lunch and have a ham for dinner with the whole family.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 10:42 AM on Mar. 19, 2011