Has anybody had Lash extensions call extreme lashes?

I won a set- I have looked on the internet but would like to hear about them first hand. The "glue" them on one by one and are supposed to last a few months.

chefjen

Asked by chefjen at 10:02 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I haven't had them but my friend got them done last week. They look amazing! Totally natural, but just so thick and dark. She got them a little longer on the edges to give her a "cat" look. It took 2.5 hours to do because they glued them to each lash. Don't put any mascara on or curl your lashes the day you get it done.
    She is also very sensitive to glues and cosmetics and had not reaction to the products they used.
    Hope you like them. :)
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:09 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i did not use that brand, but ive used a few others.. those sound like individual lashes.. if you don't feel comfortable have a make up stylist attach them for you, but really they are super easy once you learn how.
    but toby.mommy is right.. no make up around they eyes.. make sure they are make up free, then apply the lashes.. allow them time to dry.. you shouldn't need a curler with them if properly applied.. and only add mascara to blend with your natural lashes if you need to when they dry.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I have never even heard of them, but I'm going to look into it now.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i had eyelash extensions professionally done i was not too impressed with them and had very few compliments
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 1:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I won the "instalation" too.
    chefjen

Comment by chefjen (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i had lash extensions done and hated the way they looked. some were droopy and the others were where they were supposed to be. i didn't like them at all.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 1:31 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• never heard of them sorry
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Lash extensions can be amazing if done correctly, and amazingly expensive, so woot for you! They need to be applied by an experienced professional, and many of those will have look books so they can show you their work. Lash extensions don't last forever, only about a month depending on how quickly your lashes grow, so no doubt part of your winning was to pull you into getting them done regularly.

Don't go for extensions that are too much longer than your natural lash as they'll look fake. Also, consider going with the color of your lashes because you CAN put mascara over the top of them. Ask if they're using human hair or synthetic as synthetic can be pokey and unnatural looking.
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 12:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2011