Bikers, do you automatically think they are druggies and bad people?

I am a biker girl, my husband owns a Harley and i love to wear leather at times, i have a few tattoos, my husband has 8, it doesn't mean we are bad people.
i saw this in another question and it really annoyed me, are some people really that self centered and think that appearance means everything? She came off to me as the biggest snob ever.

Asked by jenn4443 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• no way, I have known some bikers that are the biggest sweethearts ! they are the most caring and giving people I have ever met, I don't understand why people like to stereotype but just because someone rides a bike and has tattoos doesn't mean they are bad people.

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:21 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I know too many bikers to judge like that. I used to ride when I was younger. My back won't let me now, but I am looking at a trike. lol. Nothing like the wind in your face and hair. By the way, I'm 60.

Answer by Kimimale at 10:08 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• No, haha, I always thought bikers are people who just love the open road. My uncle is a Harley guy himself and he's not a bad guy at all. Stupid stereotypes.

Answer by Nanixh at 10:09 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I would never think such a thing, I am afraid to get on a bike, and I have 0 tats, but some of my closest friends are bikers, yes some bikers are jerks but thats true for everyone, some of the nicest people i know are bikers.... just because you dont look perfectly "prim and proper" doesnt make you a bad person, it really just means you have a personality, and if someone is judging you without knowing you then they are the "bad" person....

Answer by lilliedoll at 10:12 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Half of my family are have that "biker" image. I guess I must be white trash. LOL. When I was in the hospital as a child, I got a teddy bear from a "biker gang". Group of bikers who were doing charity work. I've also been to a few Christian rock concerts, several of the band members have the "biker" look. It just that a "look". Now if they were really a member of the Hells Angels, that might be a different story.

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:18 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Just a style!

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Some of the nicest people I know :) don't pay any attention to others. I personally will never be seen on one lol but that's just because they terrify me

Answer by Heidikans at 10:08 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I think some people are just too "Holier Than Thou" to realize that there's a larger picture than themselves that they aren't seeing. I have known a number of bikers that are both totally awesome & have several tattoos & then some that look like everyday Joe & are SO stuck on themselves they couldn't see out of their own big fat head if they tried. That also goes for just about anybody else though. It's sad that some people are style racists. Their loss!

Answer by arwenamin1 at 10:19 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I answered that question she said no doctor or lawyer rides bikes or donor cycles she lives in a small world. The oncologist who took care of my son had bikes and his partner did They were called RUBS. (Rich urban bikers)

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• nope. most of the 'bikers' i know hold down respectable, professional jobs, participate in anti-child abuse organizations, xtian charities, fun-loving-natural seekers. i have some biker friends who do appreciate a good few beers or other drinks, but that doesn't make them bad people. just drunk people! lol!
    shhh! don't tell anyone, but my former church (baptist, no less!) has a group of biker-members who take one-day tours around the state several times a year. they go on planned rides/trips. again, not bad people..just people who like a big bike!

Answer by dullscissors at 10:10 AM on Mar. 19, 2011