What can I add to roasted red peppers and feta cheese to make it more manageable on canape bread?

MChildressDem

Asked by MChildressDem at 10:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Food & Drink

• you mean more spreadable? have you mixed it with some olive oil/herbs, to make it slide better? also, if your peppers are too big/chunky, that would be harder to 'manage', i would think.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:13 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• You might want to steam or simmer the peppers a bit to soften as in a cooked vegetable, ......roast them first to blacken skin and just simmer to make limp enough to spread on with cheeses, herbs, oils.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:30 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I would add just a tad of olive oil to it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I'd stir the fetta and crush it up some to make it less lumpy and also make sure that the red pepper was in small pieces so that it's more spreadable. Extra virgin olive oil (just a little) will make it much more spreadable. Sounds yummy! You've just made me want some! :)
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 11:23 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I used olive oil and greek seasoning mixed it all together and it is AWESOME
    MChildressDem

Comment by MChildressDem (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Olive oil
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:53 AM on Apr. 12, 2011