Stroller or wagon for a 3 y/o and a 1 y/o

My 3 y/o will walk when we go to the store, mall or short walks. But we also like to take longer walks. 2 miles to the playground, let the kids play and then walk the 2 miles home. My 3 y/0 gets tired out by the walk home from the park so I need something that will hold both of the boys.
I'm thinking either a double jogger or a wagon. So I need some advice on what to buy.
How is a wagon for longer walks? Will it kill my back to be pulling it, especially with 50 lbs for kids in it, up and down hills on uneven ground/sidewalks. How do they do with tall kids? Both of my boys are in the 95% in height so would they be cramped in one?
For a jogger, what would be a good one for under about $250? Again remembering that my boys are tall.
Thanks!

ikkin510

Asked by ikkin510 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'd go with the stroller. They could fall out of the wagon, or climb out constantly while you're trying to walk. Plus pulling it would be awful on your back and your hand! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:32 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• If you are also tall definitely go with a stroller with a nice tall handle. We have a wagon, and it kills my back to pull it because I have to slouch a bit while pulling it to keep the wheels on the ground.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:33 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• We have a sit and stand stroller, it works great. I would be afraid of the wagon because I know my younger one would probably try to climb out.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:33 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I'd go with the wagon. My DD got her wagon when she turned one, and loved it much more than the stroller. Now that I have DS I can take both of them out in it this summer.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I would recommend a stroller. It is always better to maneuver a stroller than a wagon. It is much easier and even specifically designed for jogging or long walks, customized with accessories like cup holders and diaper bags and other things to be accommodated with. Check out the Duo Double Tandem Stroller at ababy.com. It has unique features which makes it best for your requirement.

isa_edwards

Answer by isa_edwards at 4:28 AM on Apr. 11, 2011