Idiopathic Pain?

I am 37.5 weeks along and ever since about 28 weeks, I've had the strangest thing happening. If there's a lot of baby movement or I have to stand up for too long, I have pain in my face! It feels like someone is driving ice picks into my face and head, it's absolutely incapacitating when it happens and while the pain will respond somewhat to pain relievers, there are times when it just persist and persist. Now that I'm so far along, I've started dilating and having a few irregular contractions and when I do, it will feel like my sinuses are full or my hearing will short out for a few minutes, or I'll get shooting pains in my face or a killer headache. My doctor told me he'd never had anyone report such symptoms before, though he did not dismiss what's been happening.
Has anyone else ever experienced this kind of idiopathic pain during pregnancy? If so, did anyone ever figure out what causes it?

Fistandantalus

Asked by Fistandantalus at 10:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have. It's called referred pain. It just means that you are felling pain some place other than where the problem starts. It really sounds like you have a nerve pinched that is causing the referred pain.

gailpen

Answer by gailpen at 12:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Never heard of it. But it sounds very scary. Good luck to you!!
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 2:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Are you sure it's not a pinched nerve?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• never heard of it!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:22 AM on Mar. 20, 2011