Did you know that YOU CAN post a link to your business if someone asks for ideas?

Okay, you are right. I am having a bad day. Anyway, I am tired of the vote downs. If you don't want want a link, don't ask a question. Just so you ALL know, here is the official Cafemom rule #8:

Advertising and promotions are allowed ONLY on your profile page, in Journal posts (flagged for the Marketplace), or in groups that allow advertising. You may not PM or Chatterbox your advertisements to other members unless they specifically request information about it.

So, to be clear, IT IS okay if you someone asks for information to post a link. 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• thanks
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• ok
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• vote me down all you want. I don't care. I have a right to my opinion. And calling people retards for voting down your answer is not right in ANY book. So I'm sorry if you don't like my opinion but as I have a child with a disability, maybe I'M in a bad mood right now about YOU for your insensitivity.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• You are wrong layh41407. It does not matter. I have gotten written confirmation from Cafemom tons of times. If you think that is correct, report it. But, they will not take it down. If they ask for ideas, you can give them a link. Sorry.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Well, then. I still have the right to vote you down if I don't agree with you, don't I???? Maybe I don't like your idea?

Oh, and I read your first nasty post, so I KNOW what you really think. So maybe I'm not feeling really friendly toward your 'true' feelings right now.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• So, to be clear, IT IS okay if you someone asks for information to post a link.

How is that clear???? Where on the TOS portion you quote does it say it's okay to respond to a question with a link? No where!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• They need to specifically ask for it. If they are asking for ideas, they are not specifically asking for YOUR business information. You can say "hey, I have a business idea that might work for you, ask me about it if you want more information." but asking for GENERAL ideas is NOT asking for SPECIFIC ideas. There is a difference.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Sounds like you know the answer to your own question so I'm wondering why start more drama here than what is already around.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:02 PM on Mar. 19, 2011