Does anybody have

adult children, who you used to put to bed with a bottle or sippy of milk when they were a baby???? Do They Have Teeth Problems Now??? (rotting ect)

kylansmommy09

Asked by kylansmommy09 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• My first husband's ex wife used to put their children to bed with a bottle. They had HUGE bottle rot problems when they got older (at that time, their father and I had custody of them). The one boy had to get a root canal at age 5 to try and save the one tooth as there were already too many teeth that were even beyond that and needed to be removed. It was horrible for him. The dentist wanted to press charges for her against child neglect, but he changed his mind as she no longer had custody of them.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• my friend got buck teeth from sucking her thumb
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 1:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My elder one has tooth problems(though healthy teeth) as his upper teeth are towards front. Though I didn't put him to bed with a bottle, he had a habit of keeping his mouth open while sleeping. So I do feel giving bottles to the lil ones can create a problem afterwards......
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 1:02 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I'm pretty sure I went to bed with a bottle every night as a baby (because that's what people did back then) and I didn't get my first cavity until I was in my 20s and that was AFTER I had my teeth cleaned...hmmmm.
    I do have buck teeth from sucking on a pacifier/thumb until I was 4, though.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• now that i think about it yes my two sons have bad teeth now it cost $8000 for my sons teeth he has false teeth in the front and in is only 25 yrs
    frances693

Answer by frances693 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Ty i send my baby (16mnths) to bed with a bottle... It is a comfort thing and i think im ganna start weening away from it
    kylansmommy09

Comment by kylansmommy09 (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Mar. 19, 2011