Potty trained child having trouble adult content

My son is 3 and he was potty trained at 2 and a half. Well for the last month he goes pee with out a problem in the big toilet and stands up to do so, and he even goes with out telling any more and pulls up his own pants and down too.
But lately he has not been putting a BM in the toilet only in his pull up for nap or bed. I ask him and say where does this Poop go and he tells me and knows. even sometimes he says he has poop in his pull up when he wakes up, when i get ready to change it and put his underwear on there is no BM in it. So i then ask him do u have to go POOP because u have none in ur pull up and he says yes. So i take him to the bathroom, set him on his elmo seat that goes over the big Toilet and he sits there for 15-20mins and nothing happens. We have had to take him to ER because he was constipated. Then when nap time comes and i put him down he comes up to me and says mom i pooped and sure enough he does.
He drinks lots of water, he eats fruits like Apples, Strawberries, Blueberries and oranges. he eats Veggies too like Carrots, Green Beans, potatoes.

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 10:54 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• try giving him a salad of baby spinach and apple chunks every now and then,it will help him to poop when he can't. It's a nice and gentle
    laxetive.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 4:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2011