How many hours of sleep?

My 19 month daughter seems to be sleeping less. She now sleeps from 8:30 pm to 6 am with an hour or two nap during the day. She use to sleep from 8:30pm to 7am or later with a hour or two nap. How do I get her to sleep more at night? In the morning we try to wait a little bit before getting her, but she doesn't go back to sleep.

lala9

Asked by lala9 at 10:56 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think that is perfectly normal and okay for her. I wouldn't worry about it, although you can always call your pediatrician if you are concerned. My daughter's sleeping patterns change from time to time. But she always sleeps at least 9-10 hours at night, sometimes she takes an hour nap and sometimes not. Her pediatrician say that she is perfectly fine.Hope that helps.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 11:08 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I don't have an answer for you, however it may make you feel better to know that my daughter didn't sleep through a single night until she was 5 years old. Some kids don't need much sleep. She never got tired or napped during the day either!
    daisycat78

Answer by daisycat78 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• you can always call your doctor if you are concerned they know your child better then anyone on here does and can tell you what needs to be done easier
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2011