Blood when I blow my nose adult content

it started a few weeks back. I had been in the hospital for asthma. and my Dr's diagnosed me with lupus the same week (not sure if it has anything to do with either of these). It started when I would blow my nose. at first and green boogers and with a tint of blood would come. last night i blew my nose and nothing but blood came. I have never had bloody nose or anything like that. anyone one else have this problem.

MominCa

Asked by MominCa at 10:57 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Health

• You could have dry nostrils I have this and when I blow my nose blood comes out ask your doctor for some nose drops it has helped me a whole lot.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• are you pregnant? i had blood noses alot when pregnant, beside that is it possible you have blown too hard on those occasions? that can burst the capillaries in your nose and thus cause blood loss. if thats not the case then maybe it could be from lupus?? but i am not sure i don't really know what lupus is. sorry for my ignorance :( hopefully someone can shed some light soon.

goodluck
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• could be sinus infection or dry nose or dry air or something to do with the lupus. i know in the winter i have that every now and then and its from the air in the house being really dry try a humidifer and also try some saline spray to moisturize the nose and maybe ever putting a little vaseline in your nasal passages. if it keep happening then talk to the doc.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:08 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• one never had it happen before.... two use saline spray and vicks to add moisture.. this was my first thought it was just dry

MominCa

Comment by MominCa (original poster) at 11:15 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It happen to me sometime
    lelly1019

Answer by lelly1019 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• call your doctor is your best bet, they can tell you if it's related to lupus or your allergies or something else entirely
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I remember my son had bloody nose up until he turn 9 then he just grew out of it...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 2:46 AM on Mar. 20, 2011