When is the right time to potty train your daughter?

my daughter is 14 months. I have no idea when to start. lol. any idea people and what ways you used to potty train dd.?

Weldo1983

Asked by Weldo1983 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• some (insert word here) told me that kids NEED to be potty trained by 2... it is a bunch of phooey. Kids NEED to be potty trained when they are ready... other wise they are training YOU.

I waited until she was dry through the night, knew when she was about to go, and was ready.... it was about a month before her 3rd bday and she trained in about 2-3 days with NO accidents. It was not stressful in the least.

She is now 16 and Im happy to say she has never regressed.... she still pee pees in the potty by herself and you can not tell the difference between classmates that trained at 2 and those that trained at 3... they all pee pee in the potty at high school with out issue.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:06 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My daughter is 2 1/2 and we are potty training now, her pediatrician suggests between 2-3 but not to push it. If you start too early you can be in for a long drawn out process. I have heard of Mom's potty training that early, though, it is not unheard of. Best of luck to you.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Put a potty chair in the bathroom so when you go you tell her the chair is there for her when she wants to go. Do not force or spank!
    Make it fun.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:08 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• two years.
    pat840

Answer by pat840 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I started to introduce my oldest to the potty at about 16 months. Let him sit on it before a bath and what not. Right around his 2nd birthday I tried to really train him and he just wasn't ready so I dropped it. 3 months later he told me he had to pee in the potty and hasn't worn a diaper since.
    so I really believe in introducing them to the potty young, but they let them decide when they are ready. My second son is now 13 months old and I am thinking I might start sitting him on the potty from time to time to introduce him to it. He is already showing interest and will sit on his older brothers potty from time to time with his diaper on.
    ikkin510

Answer by ikkin510 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• my daughter is about to be 3 and i still cant get her to potty or even tell me when she goes..but her dr tells me not to push it that they will decide theirshelves when its time
    armywifey1089

Answer by armywifey1089 at 12:58 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I waited until my daughter turned 3. The very first time she went on the potty she got it. It really only took 2 days of staying home with her in underwear. The older they are, the easier a process it is.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:06 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• 2 years old
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2011