Pulling the plug on an after school activity

I need to know if I am in the right here. I posted about this the other day but I have pretty much had it.

My dd was recruited to a cheerleading group by a lady I had befriended. My dd is only 6 and she is actually very good and so that was why she was recruited. She has alot of potential. Thing is she does cheer with her cousin. So they both signed up. We were given until the 26th to come up with the $ for uniforms. No problem. I started getting emails along with cousins mom saying she changed the schedule and we had practice today and had to bring in all the money by today. No problem. I have it. Problem is I have a bday party today thats been planned for MONTHS. Its for my son and granddaughter. I told this woman this awhile ago. She said she still needed me to come pay her so she could order the uniform. She started getting cousins mom, who lives pay check to paycheck and she finally said forget it. I dont need the drama I planned to pay her on the 26th, if she cannot wait then we will do another after school thing.
I told the woman forget it to, and that she could just refund my $ (I had already paid for half) and she said I had to pay her the rest of the money she had already ordered my dds outfit (she told me she needed the money TO order it) and that either way I have to pay her & my dd would have the uniform and just not be in the program. I was ok with it fine.

I have since gotten MULTIPLE emails from this woman about coming to practice today. SHE KNOWS I HAVE A PARTY! I told her Id meet her somewhere if she wanted but I could not come. I have just decided to give her the money and tell her to go to hell. I am so stressed out & this is supposed to be fun not stressful! On top of it she keeps adding and changing practice times. I have 4 other kids & plans. Am I wrong for doing this?

I told her to either refund my $ or I would give her the rest ( all of $50 for crying out loud sheesh) and give me the uniform and my dd would still just not do it. I just think this should be fun not about someone constantly hounding me for $.

Asked by gemgem at 11:14 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• i would demand my money back that has been paid. get the money, then tell her to stuff her herself into the nearest john. there is no way i'd be involved, or let my child be involved with this woman or this organization at this point. she has no business running this 'show'..and be glad you have found out this early, before you and your daughter invested much more into it.
    get your money back, and forget her.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:21 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Is she in charge of the organziation that runs the squad? If not, go the the head of the organization and report her.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• If she has a company, she must have a customer service and anything it shows you paid the first half of the money in already. Make a complain and ask your money back. Don't even think to give any more money to her. Write letter and send to the customer service address of the company. She must pay your money back. Or she not you should go and report her company in any way you can. If she does this to you she will do that with anyone. Plus she would do that with your daughter. I wouldn't let my daughter anywhere near her when she is that disgusting... And what she is doing is harassment. You can easily report her. When people did that with us without any reason we wrote a letter to their customer service or checked out what is the best place to report them. They always stops when they find out you are not that silly to give in their bullying...

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 11:46 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• She is in charge she owns the company. I get she needs the money & I have it. I have offered to meet her more then once and no she just keeps on and on. She is also some what spaztic and it makes me nervous.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Thats ow I feel too dullscissors LOL. But I figure if I am out the money then I am out it. I honestly dont believe she has ordered the stuff.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Shes a 1 man show basically, no customer service to complain to. Or I would.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Mar. 19, 2011