Funny Question-Also, Beware graphic answers :) adult content

Did you poop on the table, and if so, did you care? LOL This is what I'm afraid of while giving birth..

Squirellybur

Asked by Squirellybur at 11:14 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I didn't, and I think I was too involved on giving birth to care.....

Answer by older at 11:15 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I never asked. I don't care. It happens when giving birth and as it can be a part of the process, I know it wasn't like the doctor and nurse had never seen it before.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I was consumed with this fear before giving birth. But honestly at that point, I promise you, you will not care.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:17 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• it does happen but the doctors know this happens they clean you and the area. i had it happen with both pregnancies and i was so upset by it. i was like i tried to tell them i had to go and they would not let me :( the doctor told me not to worry they see it a lot because of all the pressure of pushing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I don't think I did but I've attended lots of births where it did happen. It isn't a big deal. I wouldn't worry about.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 11:18 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I did with my son, not sure about my daughter. No i didn't care. It happens and whoever catches the baby (Dr or mmidwife or whoever)knows that. I'm not embarrassed by something my body does that I can't control.
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 11:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I am dreading that day. LOL But my sister did and my bestfriend did so it's definitely normal and nothing to feel embarrassed about. I just don't want to do it because it is gross but it's apart of life. Only an immature doctor would really be insulted about me pooping LOL I mean you are pushing so hard of course that would happen! When I do go into labor and if I do poop I will let you know LOL
    XOXO
    ohprettymommy

Answer by ohprettymommy at 12:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I don't birth on a table and I have pooped with one labor.
    I have seen others do it, I know it's normal.
    We clean it up.
    Some moms are aware they do this, but many had no idea.
    ;-)

It is VERY normal and should be expected.
    Work to appreciate all the fun stuff that comes with normal birthing so you are unhindered and free to do what you need to.

Best wishes!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• nope i didnt poop and yes i worried that i would
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I did not, my bowels emptied a few days before.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 1:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2011