Leaving your kids ALONE

I watched on the news a mother left her 2 yrs old daughter ALONE NOBODY was home she just up and left to the store. The cops took her daughter away for good.

I never have left my kids alone, but i I wanted to know is that common? You can answer anonymously to save the drama attacks; I did see a group post on cafemom that a women left her kids alone to go to walmart and i was in SHOCK that she took the responses as a joke and made it seem like alot of moms leave their young children even babies home by themselves.

Jersey_class

Asked by Jersey_class at 11:17 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Shopping

• No I dont and wouldnt. I know my cousins ex wife did the same & cps took the kids from her. This was almost 10 yrs ago, and she has never gotten them back. He has them.

Answer by gemgem at 11:18 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I dont think I will leave mine alone until they are 12 or so...
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 11:19 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• That's insain to me; i couldn't even imagine what thought process people have to think that's okay! The lady on the news excuse was the toddler was taking a nap. Really?!
    Jersey_class

Comment by Jersey_class (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Hell no! Not something I have done nor will ever do! Pure ignorance and stupidity.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:19 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Ummm NO I wouldn't and I can't think of any type of GOOD mother who would leave a two year old home. There has been plenty days that I might think I need to run to the store but if I don't want to take my daughter who is 22 months then I don't go or wait until her dad gets off work but most of the time I take her or run errands before she gets out of daycare! There is nothing normal about leaving a baby, infant, toddler at home by themselves. No to long ago in the news in Atlanta there was two parents who left their children at home they were both younger than three and left them barricaded with a gate in a run with a heater...well of course we all know what happen it was wreckless, preventable, and just plain cruel no excuses!!

NewMayMommy_25

Answer by NewMayMommy_25 at 11:22 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I leave mine alone all the time... but they are teens. However, since they are teens I dont leave them for long on weekend nights... i certainly dont want to come home to a party in my house.

I think the earliest I left them was about 6th grade while I made a VERY quick trip... usually just dropping someone off at a sports practice.  My son was allowed to stay alone earlier than my daughter because he is very ocd when it comes to following rules.  

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:23 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It is more common then you think. I had one friend who had 5 kids by 25 and she was always leaving her kids alone, never gave it another thought.... my 6 yr old still does not get to stay home even if I'm going to just run his sister to work a half mile down the road and come back.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I never leave my boys alone, they are 3 years and 5months old. so one is preschool and one is an infant. when i do leave them alone in the house i ask my neighbor right across the street to watch them for me while i go get the mail but that is only if napping. But if no napping i either wait until my husband gets home to get the mail. Even if i run into the store for one thing and they both are with me i take both kids out and bring them inside with me even if it is a hassle.
    I probably will not leave them home alone by themselves until my oldest is 12 and that is if he is responsible enough to stay home just himself wouldn't not leave him with his little brother yet until he is a good 13 or 14 years old and his brother then will be 11, or 12.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 11:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My daughter is 3 and I would NEVER leave her alone..
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• no no no i girls are teens and the age of 13 before i would leave them home alone and that was just for quick trips around town and ds is 9 and i still wont leave him home alone for any reason...
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2011