Constipated, it hurts so much! what should i do? (tmi, sorry) adult content

i can feel it in there (sorry i know it's gross) and it's HUGE. i'm also bleeding a lot everytime i try to go which isn't making this any easier. will anything actually help since it's already at the end of it's road (couldn't think of a better way to say it)?
i had this happen right after i had my youngest and i spent 8 hours in the bathroom trying to pass it and it hurt more than having my son. my SO thinks i should go to the emergency room but i'd rather get it over with at home if i can. thanks for any answers!

WesAndNicksMom

Asked by WesAndNicksMom at 11:23 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Health

• Ugh i feel your pain! have you tried laying with a heating pad or in a warm/hot bath...
    Are you using witch hazel pads or preparation H..
    when pooping try to relax.. relax your neck muscles. I read that during birth or consipation it helps to "open you up" to relax & let your body do the job.

Good luck girl! I feel your pain! I tell my dh im afraid of pulling an "elvis" ! :(

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Your diet needs more roughage, more water,more veggies and oatmeal and less white flour products.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:50 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It's gross I know but have you tried one of those Fleet's enemas? They come in a two bottle pack and they are pretty cheap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i just took milk of magnesia (i don't think i've ever tasted anything worse) and colace. if it doesn't happen today i'm going to have my SO give me an enema when he gets home from work tonight.
    and yes, i need more water and fruits and veggies. i started slim-fast a week ago and i didn't realize how important those are and now i'm paying for it!
    WesAndNicksMom

Comment by WesAndNicksMom (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Drink a glass of Prune juice ASAP and eat yogurt every day. Don't sit on the toilet and wait & keep pushing. Keep moving around and drink the prune juice.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Have you tried a suppository? This sounds gross but you can use some vaseline to put up in there and ease it out. Take a daily probiotic to keep it from happening again.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• you might need to go to the ER and be disimpacted...

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• try a glass of epsom salt water(warm). A teaspoonful of epsom salt will work wonders for you.Then after that have a spinach and apple salad every once in a while, that will keep you regular.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 9:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Hopefully its over for you now... I've been there and it is not nice so feel for you. I found drinking plenty of water and eating fresh fruit and veges daily helpful.
    dabsbeauty

Answer by dabsbeauty at 4:37 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• everything worked out yesterday without killing me thankfully :) thanks for all of the replies!
    WesAndNicksMom

Comment by WesAndNicksMom (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Mar. 20, 2011