What do i have my 2month old call my fiancée when he's older?

my fiancée is not the father to my 2month old & i'm not sure what to tell him to call him or if i should just let him choose when he's older since his father has walked out of his life...but my fiancée & i already have a baby together (yes tricky & odd situation)

proudmommy_0811

Asked by proudmommy_0811 at 11:26 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• my husband and i have 2 kids, our daughter is not biologically his... but her sperm donor of a "father" never wanted to be around her... or have anything to do with her. my husband came into the picture when she was 5 months old. on her own she started calling him daddy... shes now 22 months old and her biological father finally decided he wants to be "around" but she calls him by his first name and my husband daddy.... just because ur fiance isnt ur babys "real" father dpesnt mean he cant be daddy...i know i rambled but i hope that helped and if u two have another child together (* you and your fiance) and your two month old hears he/she call ur fiance daddy ur two month old will probably pick it up... :) good luck with everything
    stickstick27

Answer by stickstick27 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I feel the father is the one who actually raises the baby so if i were in your situation my children would call him DADDY!!!!!!! :D
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My finace is not my son's father [his real dad left when he was 2 wks old] my fiance adopted my son and my son who is 3 calls him daddy. But thaat's only because we both know he will never see his birth father again and he was legally adopted by my fiance
    Jersey_class

Answer by Jersey_class at 11:33 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I read this question... closed the screen and immidiately went it again. You have a 2month old..which is a fairly new baby with someone other than your fiance but have a child with a fiance as well... hmmmm

well.. If the bio dad is in the childs life then the child should call hiim dad. If you are not married to your fiance then I would not have the child call him dad because that just confuses things more because there is always a chance of break up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Well if you to marry then most likely your baby will call him dad. She is so young now but when she's older and here's her sibling calling him dad then she/he will too and there is nothing wrong if that if you both agree which he probably do.
    I grew up with a step father since I was 6 yrs old and I have always called him dad and he loves it and if he is raising her/him why wouldn't he call him dad.
    Unless your fiance has a problem with it.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• what does your fiance want him to call him? thats who should really decide.
    if he plans on adopting him as his own.. then dad is a good term
    if not, then it depends on their relationship.. its okay to have two dads and call two different people dad if they are close or daddy__his name__ if thats more comfortable.
    or some people go with the uncle routine.. he's still family but not your bio dad trick.
    or a nickname that if just his to call him. my nephew use to call my brothers ex K-K.. (her name was kelly, but only he called her that)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• you baby will call him whatever he comes up with.

I've got a niece who has insisted on calling me some form of mommy her entire life. I've asked her if she knows my name and she does, and many have tried to train her to stop.

all amounted to was her calling me mom when certain people aren't around.

it will work itself out.
    Anonymous

• the father to my 2month old was there they day he was born but thrown put of the hospital for verbal assault because he was causing stress on me & the baby since we were a month early my fiance & I who have a 2year old together who got back together allowed me to give him his last name so the boys didn't just share a mommy but a name as well but yes these are helpful answers but I'm still pondering it & will always I guess until the time comes
    proudmommy_0811

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2011