It's me again! LEAKAGE Please everyone respond with help and bump!

So I am updating my story. Yesterday around 8am I begin leaking. First pregnancy and I'm 9 months, 2 weeks, and 3 days! So I was like wow I peed on myself? BUT then it kept coming, it didn't look or smell like pee. I called my dr. office and the nurse said go into labor and delivery! Well I went and was there all day. They did the q-tip test and it came out negative for my water breaking. A few hours later they did it again! Still no water broken. LOL They put their fingers in me twice throughout my seven hour visit and the nurse and doctor said no dilating and my water has yet to break. Nurses had nooo idea why I was leaking and at the end of the visit my Dr. said its vaginal discharge! If you seen the 3 towels, 2 pads and lots of tissue I've soaked through since yesterday you would not think it's discharge but the test were negative so it's not my water. The Ultrasound showed that the baby had more than enough fluid and what I'm leaking isn't pee and no contractions so my baby isn't coming out yet lol but wth is going on with me??? I don't think it's vaginal discharge this is stressful and nerve wrecking. =/ Any opinions out there!!? I want to know if anyones heard of something like this or experienced it for themselves. sometimes doctors are wrong! & I'm scared now! O. my Dr. also said do not come back until I am in terrible pain from contractions so I would love to go back there but all they are going to tell me is the same thing!

p.s. I updated this because i left out a lot of information in my second post. :) Those of you who have answered thank youu so much! I think I used almost all the advice on the previous post!
XOXO

ohprettymommy

Asked by ohprettymommy at 11:46 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I did see the other one you posted, maybe call the ER and tell them that it is still happening and you have lost tons of fluid, maybe you should go back in and get checked agian. I would be worried too.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I replied over there and agreed that it doesn't sound like water breaking-- Even if your water does break it's not always labor or time to go in yet.
    It can be a while~

Keep those fingers OUT though!

Leaking watery discharge is very common.

Were you able to see if there was color or odor to the fluid?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• There was no odor nor color. I just want the bby to be fine so your answer makes me feel a little better.
    ohprettymommy

Comment by ohprettymommy (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• HUGS!!

Vaginal discharge can be very watery. Hormonal surges do all sorts of things...
    But if you have no fever and the fluid is clear with no odor then try to rest assured that whatever is happening is probably just Normal for You. Might be Normal for the rest of us, too.
    ;-)

Water breaking can be a huge gush or a teensie trickle~ or anything in-between.... Sometimes a hole seals up and sometimes we leak for weeks. It doesn't mean there is a problem, it's just PROM and labor will begin eventually.
    Keeping gloved fingers out is important to avoid introducing bacteria though!

So even if you are leaking amniotic fluid just be aware, be careful and know that your body is working on bringing baby out to you~

:-D

HUGS!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I went in to be induced with my second child but before they induced my, my water broke, or so I thought. They laid me down and did the test and it came back negative for amniotic fluid and they also reached up there and felt the sac was still intact. They thought I was mistaken but the proof was on the floor of the hospital room bathroom that I had indeed leaked something, and no it was not pee. Their only conclusion was that I may have had another sac of water surrounding the sac that the baby was in. Don't worry about it, you will be fine.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Oh, and I was also told that the second sac surrounding my baby could have been that of a "vanishing twin". Do a google search for "two sacs surrounding one baby", you will find plenty of women out there that have experienced this.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Thanks sooo much I feel way bettter!!! LOVE THIS SITE you ladies rock
    XOXO
    ohprettymommy

Comment by ohprettymommy (original poster) at 12:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Yes there are 2 layers of sacs, I forgot to mention this.
    We can have a tear in one and not the other which might leak some fluid and that's it~
    For moms continuing to trickle, it's more likely to be a "high leak" or discharge.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:44 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i honestly dont know, im sorry i have never heard of anything like that before, good luck
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• this happened to me at six months but I didn't go to the emergency room cause I knew they were gonna pat me on the head and send me home.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 2:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2011