How do you feel about low income housing?

I live in a small town that has "twinhomes" side by side townhouses that are low income and they are placed all over the town so there is not a low income type complex where there's 40 townhouses all lumped together. like you see in larger areas.
If you were just driving through my town of, 574 people you would have no clue it is what is it and that is low income housing.

Now if you were looking at foreclosure and had to be out in 60 days... and had a choice of being homeless or living in low income housing would you turn your nose up in the air at the housing? or accept it until you find something else to rent?

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 11:55 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I'm not the type of person to be so stuck up that I would even wonder if a certain place was low income housing. It's typically in the bad areas you find that here, but I live in a city. There's more people in my apartment complex than in your entire town, lol. So I wouldn't be thinking that way just passing through a small town. I have no problem with low income housing itself. Being homeless is much worse, especially considering I have children to think about. I have in the past needed public assistance and if I needed it again I would accept it in a heartbeat. As a mom I have to put my pride aside and do what's best for my family.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I would accept it!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:56 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• any place for your family is better than being homeless
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I think it is great that they have low income housing its been a blessing to many families :D
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Will,, if u reallllyyyyy have 2 go live in the low income housese ,it is okay because u sometime we have no choice.
    lelly1019

Answer by lelly1019 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• For me I view it as a stepping stone and is there if you need it, like food stamps however I just am amazed at the attitude of this couple I know and they 3 kids and 60 days, there's nothing to rent within 30 miles, ever but the low income housing is always got something open, yet they turn there nose up so high at the thought of low income housing i'm surprised they don't tip over.
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Low income housing in MA is rent from 950-1500 LOL unless you are on welfare or section 8 it woul be lower.
    Anonymous

• I'd accept the low income housing since I have a family to consider. Unless you have other options available. I see it like you see it, as a stepping stone. Everyone needs a little help once in a while, and there's no shame in accepting that help. Best of luck to you!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 1:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• get the low income housing.. hello my kids needsome form of shelter!!!
    i would do what i had to for them
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Seeing that your children have their needs met is more important than pride. It's a pretty selfish parent who does not see that.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2011