Moms that had babies with RSV

What is some ways you help your little one to breath better we just found out that our daughter has RSV Thu. and I been giving her meds they gave us and she still has a hard time breathing at times is there anything i can do to help her i hate seeing her like this and i dont know why the sent her home she keeps getting a fever off and on i know when we went to the hospital she had a fever of 103.9 and then they sent her home when it was 100 she almost 8 months old and this is the first time shes been sick and my first so im just over worried i think but i want to help her in anyway i can

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sittin in your bath room with hot water running so the room full of steam helps
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 12:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• both my kids had rsv. umm they gave us a nebulizer and we did albuterol treatments every 4 hrs. that helped alot
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• put her to sleep in the carseat. that will help her breath with her head being up instead of laying flat and strap her in so she wont fall out of it. you can even rock her to sleep if needed by putting your foot on the bottom of the seat and moving it. we had to do that a few times when ds was congessted
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Get a cool mist humidifer. Run it only a few hours before she goes to sleep not while she is sleeping. The hot shower thing is a good idea too. I proped my daughter head up with pillowsor if you have a boppy pillow that helps too. Did the doctor give you any cough meds?? My daughter took C-phen drops. it really helped with her coughing. also depending on how old you daughter is, I put mine on her stomach to sleep it seemed to help her breathe better. My daughters fever went up that high too it is normal and just keep giving her tylenol. It is not a fun sickness for them to get but It will get better just hang in there. My daughter is 16 months and just got over it. She had it for about a week and a half. The fist three nights after the fever started where the worst. It is a virus so there isn't much that can be done. Keep her hydrated too that will help with the fever. MyI hope she feels better! GL!
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I just saw she is 8 months so the tummy sleeping thing only do if you are comfortable. My daughter slept in my bed while she had it because she wasn't sleeping much anyway.
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 11:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• When my son had it he was put in the hospital and pretty much put on life support. But before they realized how bad it was they told us to put him over a cool humidifier.
    clusterkid

Answer by clusterkid at 6:30 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• thank you everyone we tryied the hot shower and that dont work the long and she scared me so bad yesterday shes could catch her breath and was turning blue i did take her into the hospital and they sent her home again and i said i want something i can give her to help her breath better and he said she also has bronchitis so they sent us with a breathing treatment she does seem to be doing better today my hubby said im at work she with her daddy sorry if i dont make much sense im also sick now and i can really think to clear from being sick and worried and not getting much sleep
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2011