Anyone else feel bad about quiting breast feeding?

im slowing down on breast feeding and i feel bad bout it, i have given her breast milk since she was born so shes had breast milk for about a month but im giving her bottle now too. i give her whatever i can of breastmilk. i just feel bad i cant give her a lot . any advice?

sammyjoG

Asked by sammyjoG at 12:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I didn't breastfeed and don't feel bad about it. It is a PERSONAL choice and no one should feel bad about the choice they made in feeding their baby.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I am going to breastfeed once my little girl arrives but I must admit, I feel obligated to breastfeeding because of how beneficial it is. But I agree with tyfry don't feel bad it is a personal choice and babies who aren't breastfed are just as healthy. I hate that I feel obligated but if you have the strength to not do it, go with it lol I can't because of how many people are expecting me to.
    ohprettymommy

Answer by ohprettymommy at 12:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• If you want to continue then you will probably want to quit the bottle.
    BFing is based on supply-and-demand so offering the breast more means you'll produce more.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I breastfed for 2 months and it was torture. Every time my milk let down I'd get hit with a wave of depression which caused me to resent my little baby. I still cringe thinking about my son as a newborn because of it. The only reason I felt bad quitting is because of how bad other women made me feel. The judgemental, ignorant comments of some people are unbelievable.

Just be the best you can be :)
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 12:28 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i didn't even try because i didn't want to. it wasn't for me. i don't feel bad. my daughter is beyond happy and healthy
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I feel bad quiting with each of my children and they were one year old when I was done! I didn't feel bad like I didn't think they needed to nurse, they were old enough to be done. I felt guilty because they would cry when I was weaning them and I knew that if I nursed them, they would quit crying, but I would not be weaning if I didn't quit nursing. No matter what, you will probably feel bad, but don't. Nursing isn't for everyone and if I had gone back to work, I don't think I would have nursed that long at all. The most important thing, I think, is to continue to hold your baby when you give her the bottle. Don't just sit her down and prop it up....keep the closeness and bond!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I am currently breastfeeding, made it almost a year. Even though I love it, now I want to have my body for myself. I haven't gone out since she was born and I need to feel that I don't need to be stick to her all the time. I have stopped nursing in the mornings and I plan to be done by 18 months. I don't feel bad, I nursed her more than my first and I'm proud of it. If you feel bad then don't quit.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 1:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I FEEL BAD IM IN THE PROCESS AS WE SPEAK BUT I HAVE TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL YOU COULD PUMP MILK SO U CAN STILL BENEFIT YOUR BABY
    shawnette123

Answer by shawnette123 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Not at all. I was miserable breastfeeding and so relieved to stop doing it. It made me feel horrible and it hurt terribly.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:28 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• If quitting is what you want, you should do that and not feel bad about it. If continuing breastfeeding is what you want, you should take the steps to increase your supply. Sitting on the fence and feeling bad is just a waste of time. GL.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2011