Sometimes I fear

I fear if I'll be good at being a mommy. It's only been this way since i have been pregnant. before i was pregnnt i had all the confidence..and now although i am still confident, sometimes it goes away... venting.. has anyone been through this?

ohprettymommy

Asked by ohprettymommy at 12:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I still have days where I worry about whether I'm a good parent or not. I think its normal. If anything, its the people who have no doubt whatsoever and never question themselves that make me wonder the most.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Oh yeah, I have this feeling sometime. I alwys think what should I tech them. What something I have not told them about. I want my kides to be better than me
    lelly1019

Answer by lelly1019 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Every new mother has that question of "Will I be a good Mommy?" Don't worry, when the time to be Mommy is here, you will be!

gailpen

Answer by gailpen at 12:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It's normal. I've been doing it for 41 years. But, I learned to take one day at a time, one situation at a time, one child at a time. Daily prayer/meditation helps. Ask that your words and actions be guided (by your Higher Power) for the highest and best good of all concerned. Then trust it.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I work with moms everyday and they all tell me the same thing! Even when their kids are 5, 10 and 15 years old. They still ask the same question! "I'm afraid I'm not a good mom and don't do everything right." That question can come from the smallest of things. If they have a child who is having tantrums, they doubt themselves, if their child isn't sleeping through the night, doubt there too! I could go on and on! But each and every one of them are great moms! They care enough to question themselves and want to make sure they are doing the best they can do. They reach out for ideas and help. That to me is a good mom--one who is always looking to do the best they can do for their child. So you seem to be in that same category of probably 95% of all the mom's out there! Just asking the question shows how deeply you care for your baby already. Go with your instincts. You'll be just fine!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 12:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• yes sometimes i think the same thing but as long as we try our best what else can we do
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 1:20 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• lol, every mom goes through this.. but you'll be surprised how quick you pick things up once that baby is home. I nearly had a panick attack when I left the hospital with my first born.. but after we got home and I set into the routine, it just seemed to come naturally. Now with my second I feel like it's second nature.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i've experienced that during pregnancy but it went went away after they were born.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 3:28 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• we all do that its normal
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 9:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2011