Would u allowed your daugther or son to have boy or girl frind?

I know it is not up to us,I was only asking. In my religion it is prohabtied

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• Already answered but again yes. If they are old enough I see no problem with dating. My dd is married to her high school sweetheart. She is almost 22, been with him since she was 16. They have two kids and are happy. My 18 yr old hasnt met the right girl yet, my 17 yr olds gf is totally awesome. Shes very religious but we think its great either way. She is going to El Salvador this summer to be a missionary.

Answer by gemgem at 12:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• What religion disallows friends?
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Islam, JW's, and Mormons some times do not allow dating.
    Anonymous

• I am not talking about frinds,I was talking about boy or girl frinds, I also mean when they are young at ages 9 or 10 or even16
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I would say yes. I think it provides them with a good foundation as to what relationships are like. I think telling them it's wrong implies that they should feel guilt and that is never good. Boys and girls like eachother, it's normal!
    daisycat78

Answer by daisycat78 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• well i am christain and the teenagers can as long as they dont do adult things until they marry my daughter has had only one boyfriend and she is 17 glad that was over , they need to know about birth control .
    frances693

Answer by frances693 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• How can u know they will not do the adult things, are u okay with them to kiss
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Yeah, sure. A "boyfriend" or "girlfriend" at like 9 or 10 is usually nothing more than lipservice. At the most they might sit next to each other at lunch, pass notes, maybe steal a kiss on the cheek. It's not the end of the world. I think it's cute. All 3 of my older kids (10g, 9b and 8g) say they don't like the opposite sex yet but they have other kids that are "in love" with them. I think it's funny. I had a "boyfriend" in kindergarten which meant nothing. My friend had a boyfriend since I met her when she was 8. Back then it was just holding hands on the playground.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I am many years away from that
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 1:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• why not as long they aren't doing things they shouldn't be doing
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 3:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2011