Do you still stir your yogurt before you eat it even if it's not the fruit on the bottom kind or the add to kind?

i don't know why but this came to me a few minutes ago. i opened an activia and started stirring it and then i stopped and thought, "why am i doing this? it's already evenly mixed" so now i'm thinking do you instinctively stir your yogurt before you eat it even if it's the already mixed kind?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Not really but I haven't bought fruit on the bottom yogurt in years. I sometimes stir greek yogurt, but that's more for the eye appeal. It's thick and creamy and watching it be stirred makes it look tastier, lol.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I do. Because some foods settle, and I'd hate to get a little river of liquid in my mouth in addition to the yogurt lol
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 12:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It makes me want to gag....I do it with pudding too lol
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 12:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• no I never stir it even the thick and creamy custard types
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Nope, because if you stir homemade yogurt too much it gets runny, it doesn't have the thickeners added that commercial yogurt have. I do fold in a bit of jam or fruit though.
    BellaBlondie

Answer by BellaBlondie at 1:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Force of habit I think
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Depends if there's any liquid floating around. If it's really fresh, then no, if there's a little liquid in it, then yes.
    Anonymous

• I'm with CABlonde, I stir almost everything even if it's pre-mixed. Usually i see just the tiniest amount of liquid when I open them from the food settling and I won't eat it till that liquid is mixed back in. Now it's such a habit I'd stir even if I didn't see the liquid and probably wouldn't even notice.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i always do! it does settle
    1htmma4624

Answer by 1htmma4624 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• yes. otherwise it isn't mixed up for me.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 19, 2011