Oily stains advice?

Every single one of my hoodies has some sort of greasy food stain or oily mess somewhere on the front. Any ideas on how to get them out?

Awl4dauk

Asked by Awl4dauk at 12:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• soak with Dawn Dish Detergent.
    It is better to do this before you wash the garment, but if you soak and work the Dawn in a bit, you can get the stain out most of the time.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Soak them overnight (or several hours) in detergent and OxyClean or baking soda. Put a little soap on the spot, grab with both hands (stain in the middle), rub the spots using your knuckles. You might have to do it 2 or 3 times. Clorox bleach for colors sometimes works, too. If you catch it right away, rinse from the inside, put some detergent on the spot and let it sit for a while. Then moisten and scrub with your hands or wash as normal.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 1:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Dawn dishsoap.But if they've been washed & dried and it's still there, the chances of getting the spots out is pretty slim.
    Anonymous

• Dawn Dishsoap. Work it into the stain and let it sit for a week and then wash it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I use the oxy clean and let it sit for a few minutes before washing. It comes out.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Rub a little Dawn dish soap on the spot. Let sit for a few hours then wash in hot water. Or spray with SHOUT! let sit overnight. wash in hot water. Either method works. I often don't catch grease stains until I'm folding clothes.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:39 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• the stains are set in....washed n dried. I've tried using vanish which is the british version of oxyclean....we don't have dawn dish soap over here unfortunately!! I'll try some other suggestions next week, thanks for the advice :)
    Awl4dauk

Comment by Awl4dauk (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2011