Has your child ever embarrassed you in public?

AlisonAstair

Asked by AlisonAstair at 1:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yep. It's like that old Bill Cosby show Kids Say the Darndest Things. Both of my kids have, at some point, repeated things in public that I didn't even knew they'd heard me say, usually at the WORST possible moment. It's the nature of kids to do that though so I'd just hustle them out of the store and forget about it days later.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• we were shoppin for a new toy for her and she seen a dump truck and proceeded to yell "dumb fu&%" (she was 2)... EVERYONE in the store turned and stared at here lololol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My son has autism--of course he has! I'm more used to it now and it doesn't seem to matter what he does, it doesn't embarass me.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Oh yes my now 3 year old has quite a few times unfortunately. She has screamed and thrown fits in restaurants and stores. It can be anything from not wanting to sit in the basket at the store to being tired and cranky at a restaurant. It ranges but yes on more than one occasion I must say I've had my share of stares from other people.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 1:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• See at times each child does but I later forget it & try to correct d kid...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 1:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• YES!! But if anyone has anything to say about it then I pretty much shock the hell out of those people who have the audacity to be so rude themselves. Kids will be kids and people just need to mind their own business.
    Anonymous

• Yes! My daughter never fully developed the ability to filter her thoughts. Led to some very inappropriate comments, mostly when she was younger, though she's still exceptionally blunt.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• ly when they had their temper tantrums - but i wouldn't say it was embarrassing. she wanted to do something nice for me.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 3:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2011