Nothing wrong with my except maybe marriage to husband. He did something I am so mad about and went behind my back and talked to doctor about me seeing a shrink? would you be mad and what would you do?

As I said I was sick and just a bug I caught from the girls. But husband said doctor told me to make this apponitment but when I called they said he asked for me to see a shrink but nothing wrong with me and just my usual life taking care of girls, shop once a week since only time to go out, etc. I am in a so so marriage and question why I stay and about the only thing wrong with me. We did see a cousler and that did not work. Would you be mad? My mom knows about marriage problems and says he needs the help. Thanks for listening.

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 1:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• are divorced people any happier than married people??? NO!! don't even THINK about getting a divorce. i don't care what he did! stick with your man woman, love him unconditionally!
    sounds like he just pushed a button that got you angry. that happens ALL THE TIME!!!!! even in happy marriages!!!!!!
    it is HOW YOU HANDLE THEM that makes the difference.
    you don't think that it will happen again?? think again! upsets happen all the time, don't think you married the wrong man. do not take love for granted! if you divorced and married another, you would find that you would run into the SAME problem.
    figure out what button he pushed, then inform him
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 1:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I'm not totally certain I understand exactly whats going on, but if your husband feels like you should see a shrink why not just go to appease him? I don't believe in leaving a marriage because its just "so so". Its a life long commitment, for better or worse, not just until you don't feel like working on it any more.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 1:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i have been married and divorced! i am also in a counseling class, to learn all the different types of therapies. what's wrong with seeing a shrink!!??
    plus, doctors don't know everything!
    and males don't know much about us females
    maybe you are sensitive like me, or maybe i didn't understand the whole dillema, but this morning i woke up hearing
    "you can do all things through christ who strengthens you" and im barely religious!
    im spiritual, and i say screw the petty stuff especially from guys who don't know what they're talking about
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 1:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I would be upset if he did that behind my back also. But it's about how you feel dear. If you are bothered by it, which I assume you are don't let anyone tell you that you are overreacting. How you feel, no one else may understand. But my advice is to tell him how you feel and how it made you feel. Every marriage is worth working out unless you are working it out alone. Then put yourself in your husbands shoes, his intentions could have been harmless and he really just wanted to help. So tell him how it made you feel and ask him what are his concerns.
    Goodluck!
    XOXO
    ohprettymommy

Answer by ohprettymommy at 1:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• my parents and sister think he might be pulling this to get the girls away from me.
    momindiana

Comment by momindiana (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• 'my parents and sister think he might be pulling this to get the girls away from me. '
    I think you may be right, can you think of a reason why he would want to do this?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2011