Do you have a favorite "age" of a child?

Of course if you have very young kids you haven't experience that many stages. I love ages 3 and 8 because I feel that they just sort of "get it" at those ages. It's like there is such a huge leap in maturity from the year before!

AlisonAstair

Asked by AlisonAstair at 1:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I love 2 year olds. 7 is pretty great. and 16 ... oh and 21 parenthood changes but you are still a parent on a completely different level.
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• So far I like under 2 the best. I really hope I like another age because it's kind of depressing liking an age that they grow out of so fast. I used to take care of some older kids when I was in college, like around 10-13 years old, I had 2 families I worked for, one on weekdays after school and one on weekends. I loved those kids and thought it was a great age, so hopefully I'll enjoy it again when my kids get there. So far my oldest is 5. I like babies so much I'm seriously considering doing something like being a foster parent when my own kids get older. I suppose I could also work in a daycare or babysit, but I like the idea of foster parenting more. I don't know if my husband will ever be there though.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• 2 to 3 years old they are so cute and know whats going on to a point but just enjoy life so much!
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 1:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• ya I haven't experanced very many ages my kids are only 3 and 5, but I like anything before the age of one and then I like the age of 2 (other than the terable two part lol). The reason I live anything before the age of one is because I love babies. I like the age two because that is the age when they start developing their own little personality
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• From around 1-3 when they are developing their little personality but haven't developed that attitude yet.
    I have 5 kids and the oldest is 10. Give me a 2yo to deal with any day over my 10, 9 or 8 year olds. Well, the 8yo isn't that bad. She's very sweet and helpful and doesn't complain. My youngest is 8 months and he is so cute right now but I can't wait for him to hit like 16 months...I just love that age.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:20 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Hmm... ages 7-8 when they are much easier to handle....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 1:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• anytime between 5 months old to around 2 & a half
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I am also finding the adult kid on their own thing being nice because they finally "get it" that living on their own does cost real money and it does not go far...
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• babies lol. i love when they are babies..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• probably so
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 3:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2011