Have you ever thought of divorce in a serious way but were too overwhelmed to proceed?

AlisonAstair

Asked by AlisonAstair at 1:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• When my dh and I were having problems, we sat down and discussed why we couldn't divorce. Money was at the top of our list as to why we couldn't, second was because no matter the problems had, we loved each other. That was several years ago. We now have a 3 year old brother for our 9 year old lol. I'm glad we were overwhelmed by the finances and devastation to go forward.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• go be alone for weeks on end. then you may realize what you have, even if its not to die for
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• If things are that bad, you need to weigh the pros and cons to see which would be best, then proceed. I waited for eighteen years to get my divorce. We were in counciling when he made the decision for me. He said that he didn't have a problem, that I was the only one who had the problem. So I left the counciling session and went straight to the lawyers office.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 3:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Hmm.. in my case I've thought of divorce in a serious way but am unable to proceed as don't have sufficient funds to proceed with it..
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 1:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I have thought about it plenty over the years but I just no longer have any self esteem left to go ahead with it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Yes, I feel that way right now. My daughter is 2 1/2 and my DH doesn't do anything to help with her and most of the time nothing around the house. I have lots of other issues with him, the way he handles our finances to his son from a previous marriage. If it were not for my daughter and the fact that I have no where to go or the money for the lawyer then I would have already left.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 8:22 PM on Mar. 19, 2011