Living in Florida

Does anyone live in Florida and absolutely despise it? People say I'm crazy for not liking it, but it is not what it is cracked up to be! Does anyone else feel the same?

MaterialGirl198

Asked by MaterialGirl198 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Travel

• I lived there for awhile and hated it. Its too hot!! and Fl is so different from where I am fro (MA) I felt like I was stuck in outer space (LOL weird but thats how I felt). Its nice and beautiful but its just not for me. If you are not from FL you will not like it especially if your from up north.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Never lived there, but I don't think it would be my cup of tea either.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I visited there once. Couldn't handle the humidity. And the mosquitoes were the size of small birds. lol
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 1:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I Used to live down there. LOVED living in Stuart, Except for "snowbird season, then in the north burbs of Orlando, Now THATS a place I seriously hated, Id never move back there. BUT...TRY moving to SC and all the STUPID UNeducated red necks who are always bible thumping at you when they arnt even following God. They acually believe here going to church once a week for an hour on Sunday makes then Godly and good christians!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I have lived in Miami 50 years, and I love it here, the people are friendly and from everywhere, it is a melting pot of cultures and the weather you can't beat.

Answer by older at 1:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I live in florida and have my entire life. We contemplate moving to Michigan every few months or so. I LOVE Florida, though I can say I despise the lighting storms and Hurricanes and droughts. Theres no place else that has such an odd mix of southern charm and yankee charm:) Like someone else said its definitly a melting pot. It also has fabulous weather 8 months out of the year:)
    BUT I know ALOT Of people who HAte it and think I am crazy!
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I live in FL and love it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I lived in Florida for 5 years I loved it...I just couldn't take the heat..
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:45 AM on Mar. 20, 2011