Do you know what a bubbler is?

It's a very common thing, you've ALL used one, but I've heard that only people where I live call it a "bubbler." (I'm from Wisconsin, grew up in Green Bay.) So, I was wondering how many of you would know what I was talking about if I asked you where a bubbler was?

What if I asked you where the nearest Tyme (pronounced Time) Machine was? Would you think I was nuts? (My BFF from Texas did the first time she heard me talk about going to the "Time Machine!")

MommyAddie

Asked by MommyAddie at 10:30 AM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yes I'm from Wisconsin too! I lived in Mequon, and Milwaukee for a while. A bubbler is a water fountain *wink*.. and the tyme machine is the ATM.. but it's a type of ATM.. like the brand of the bank or whatever.. but it says TYME on it.. I forgot about them.. thanks for the memories! And enjoy your snow.. I'm in Florida now and I miss it SO much :( !
    s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 1:12 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• never heard of it. But I also call coke coke not pop or "tonic" like my grandma does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I'm from WI, too. So yes, I know what youre talking about. When I moved to VT several years ago, it took me a few weeks to realize that everyone thought I was insane whenever I mentioned needing to find a tyme machine. Lol...
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:38 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Where I come from a bubbler is a device used to smoke pot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Never heard of a tyme machine, the only thing I've ever heard referred to as a bubbler is a marijuana pipe that passes the smoke through water.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:42 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Is a bubbler a bong?

Answer by louise2 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Now that's funny. Where I come from, a pot pipe with water in it is either called a bong or a water pipe. A bubbler is something VERY different.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:44 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I thought a bubbler was a water fountain????
    RNMOMO4

Answer by RNMOMO4 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Wow! I NEVER heard of a bubbler being drug paraphenalia! (Maybe I don't have enough fun! LOL!) I assure you all, a bubbler is completely legal to use all over the country!
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 11:03 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I have no idea about either.... what are they?????
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:05 AM on Nov. 25, 2008