As the proverb goes 'We'll never know the worth of water till the well go dry.' I believe in it...

I firmly beleive in the above proverb & not try to splurge too much most of the time. Wanted to know how many CMs' think on the similar lines....

AnuMeha

Asked by AnuMeha at 1:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes I do. But we also have gone without for so long we are getting things that we have needed for a long time so splurging for what we need has been really refreshing. For so long we never went out to eat or went out for entertainment. We cooked at home and played games at home, read books...enjoyed each others company. So now when we do go out, the thought of being served is a big treat. BUT I am usually hugely disappointed because I think so many people do it on such a regular basis that the quality of service you receive has gone down BIG TIME. So to me it really is not worth it...except being able to get what we "need". did that make sense??
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 1:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I agree but dont think it just has to do with things or money. You can wake up tomorrow and have everything you knew about life taken from you. Look at the people suffering in Japan.

Answer by gemgem at 1:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I agree with you. That proverb applies to soo many things in life, not just water.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Ya thanks for answering so soon but water here doesn't imply to only water. It's used as an example coz it is so essential for anybody to survive....
    AnuMeha

Comment by AnuMeha (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I believe this too but its so many of us do not pay attention to how we use the well until it has gone dry.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I agree! I try to live my life that way as well. More people definitely should.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Agreed! I like to think of TIME.. very precious but very waisted (on things like CM, tv,)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2011