Are condoms enough?

If I can't get on bc right now, are using only condoms enough to keep me from getting pregnant?

sunshineemommy

Asked by sunshineemommy at 1:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• NO form of birth control is 100% effective 100% of the time, INCLUDING birth control pills. You should be fine with just condoms as long as they dont break.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• nope
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 1:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• im with vbruno... i would say abstanance wich is easier said than done
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 1:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• To be safer i suggest "puling out" in addition to condoms.

I have an IUD and take the pill, and I still freak out every month! sex is so stressful haha
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 1:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• We've used condoms ONLY for 11 years, and they have NEVER ONCE failed us. Both of my kids were PLANNED without condom use. :)

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• if they are used correctly then yes. But nothing is 100% so even if you were on birth control there is still a chance just like the condom there is still a chance of it breaking. I knowen someone that was on birth control and using a condom the birth control failed and the condom broke so even using both nothing if 100%. The way I look at it is if it is ment to be then it will happen if it isn't then it wont happen.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Sometimes they can fail also & pregnancy can happen....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 1:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Abstinence is the ONLY thing that will not fail. EVERY form of bc has a small failure rate - condoms, bc, even pulling out is not effective *gasp*.
    Anonymous

• We are only using condoms, and have been for 2 years. I also did it between each kid- all my kids are 2 years apart.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• We used condoms for 13 years and only got pregnant when e planned to, like Kairismama.

But we knew if we got pregnant it would be okay, that we could be happy and accept another baby into our family. If you are not prepared for the possibility of another baby, don't have sex.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2011