Is my wedding registry too crazy?

i really didn't think i'd add too many pricey items. i added things i thought we would need since it's our first home. i added all the 'essentials'- towels, bed sheets (not even the pricey ones, i didn't know they got over $80 what the heck? i'm just sleeping on them...usually), flatware (this is where i learned the diff between sterling silverware and stainless silverware *whew!*), pots and pans (were the most expensive). but i added things like a vacuum cleaner, and a mini steam cleaner (it does floors, carpet, matresses-for the baby), most the expensive stuff is around $99 bucks. but there are a few things around $3-$50 as well. but i def added a lot of expensive stuff (the $99 items) which are mostly for the kitchen (i love to cook). i didn't want to come off as pretentious or expecting too much. actually we were aiming for a smaller wedding. but certain in- laws didn't like the idea of a 'fake wedding' so we ended up with a few hundred more guests D=. idk what the point of this is. other than to ask if you think my list of a load of bull or if its' completely normal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Seems normal, just because you put something on a registry doesn't mean you'll get it. You'll find it get mostly money, anyway, but at least those that prefer giving a gift have a range of options for you!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Sounds alright to me - the last few wedding registries I've looked up (to buy gifts for) had very little low-priced stuff, at least half of their stuff cost over $200, and some over $400. If the most expensive stuff on yours is $99, you're doing well.
    Anonymous

• hmmm not sure on this sorry. Good Luck
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 1:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I think your registry is fine. I registered for Waterford Crystal Glasses, Fine China & Sterling flatwear. You should add in Gift Cards to stores you like as well since you most likely will not get everything you register for & it will be easier for guests who cannot decide what to buy you or those that don't have time to shop.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Sounds normal to me.
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It sounds fine. Guests are going to buy what they can afford either way. :) Some will buy the bigger, others the smaller.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It's normal...I like to chip in with a friend to buy the bigger items
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I think it is fine. For people I am close ti and close family members, I spend about $100 on a gift and for those who I am not as close with, closer to $20 or $30 and it sounds like you have both groups covered. Like the PP said, I will also go in on a gift with my mom or a couple of the other friends to get a larger present, too.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2011