Just had a baby on Monday!!.. weight!

i gained about 60 pounds w/ this one!!! I really hate that I have to "take it easy" the first 6 weeks... is there ANYTHING "EASY" that I can do? maybe on the arms at least? or any certain foods you ate the first 6 weeks to keep you healthy & not gain anymore? (im nursing)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Avoid carbs.
    Potatoes, pasta, bread, ect...Junk food too.

Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• get like the 5lbs weights they will help tone your arms :D
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Drink alot of water, eat salads, fresh fruits, breastfeed etc.

Answer by gemgem at 1:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• OMG! Monday!! It hasn't been a week. Relax and enjoy your baby!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• just breastfeed and eat healthy try to limit your carb
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• around 2 weeks I got the go ahead to go for walks. Pushing a stroller just makes the work out that much better. Listen to what your body tells you though when you exercise and don't push it too much.

Breastfeeding sucked the weight off me and helped my uterus go back to normal too. I read that breastfeeding takes up about 500 calories a day. So don't diet because you need to make sure your baby gets what it needs. But if you just eat normally then you'll end up getting the equivalent of a good workout in calories burned just breastfeeding alone.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 2:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I would try to work on getting your strength back so you can do more when you're ready...give it at least a couple weeks. I would say that walking around the house and doing what you need to for your baby, along with monitoring your diet will be a good start. Maybe do all the prep work for the diet/exercise for now.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Yogurt is great for you, granola bars, oatmeal, whole wheat breads and pastas. Watch your calories and try to have your calorie intake be from good foods. A snack should be less than 300 calories and a small snack or meal every 3 hours boosts your metabolism. Drink lots of water and continue to take prenatals. Walking is all you'll be able to handle for a few weeks. At 3 weeks post partum I started working out daily(using the biggest loser ultimate workout for kinect) for 20 mins, then upped the amount of time to 30 mins after 2 weeks. My daughter is 6 1/2 weeks now and I've lost inches. I also drink whey protein shakes-protein is great for breastfeeding and essential to lose weight. There is hardly any calories and it will keep you full too. Just make sure if you buy whey protein it doesnt have any crap in it like taurine etc as its bad for baby. I use GNC brand which doesnt have any of the extra things that are bad for you.
    TattooedMama87

Answer by TattooedMama87 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I would eat food that good for you such as salads, fruit, chicken etc limit your sweets intake drink lots of water etc. I would also work out such as getting 5 lb weights and work out your arms, talk to your doctor about walking. Walking is great if your are able to that after you had your child.
    buterflies01010

Answer by buterflies01010 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2011