What are good ideas for April's fools day

it's also my husbands birthday and our 6 yr can't wait to play jokes on him and thinks we should start out his dads day by gluing his lighter to his pack of cigarettes

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 1:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• The best April fool prank I've seen first hand was when me and 2 other girls went to our friends house while she was at work. She never locked the backdoor so we let ourselves in, and got to work. We moved every single piece of furniture she owned (except the beds) to the backyard and covered them with several tarps. Tables, couches, lazy boy chairs, animals cages, dressers EVERYTHING was in her backyard covered by tarps. We took every single left shoe we could find and threw them into the dryer, and then shut the door. And turned all the wall clocks upside down. Oh and all clean underwear was placed inside a pan, inside the stove. And then we left a note on the back door that said "maybe next time you'll lock your doors" Took her and her boyfriend over 6 hours to fix everything, it was AMAZING. I'm a little terrified she'll seek revenge this year
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• that would be so funny! also the ''im pregnant'' prank is always hilarious if ur not already pregnant or TTC.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I'm going to sneak a bunch of homemade goodies all over my "boss"s "office" the night before, so every time she opens something or looks somewhere there's a cookie or two, or something like that, staring at her.

I've been trying to get ideas, and so far I've come up with things involving underwear (kinda lame, but anyway): sew the legs shut, buy a different size, wash them with red if they wear white. Call and say've you've fallen down the stairs, but hide around the corner at the bottom and "April Fools". One year I was working at a c-store and FIL-to-be had them tell me a huge order was just called in, about the same time I started cussing he came around the corner and said "april fools".
    Anonymous

• Oh, and this worked really well - my dad is a locksmith, so I called him and said I quick brought the trash out and the kids locked me out of the house, he needed to come let me in b/c DH was 3 hours away. He totally fell for it but I had to say "april fools" fairly quick since he would've had to drive almost 30 miles to get me back in the house. You can always fake locking your keys in your car too, or locking his in his car.
    Anonymous

• I love the tape over the faucet so when they turn it on the water sprays everywhere hehehe.
    Clear plastic wrap in front of a door way so they walk into it. Peanut butter on a door knob. Set every alarm clock to go off at the same time.
    These are all simple well known pranks but I bet your six year old will love pulling them.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 2:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Add a bunch of lemon juice to everything your husband eats or drinks that day, and when he says something, taste it and say "Weird. It tastes fine to me."
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• One of my friends from work and I took turns calling each other's family members to tell them they had been arrested for assaulting a co-worker. Her family kept saying "That isn't like her....I can't believe it"...mine, and mind you I have never been in trouble in my life, had their shoes on and asked if they knew how much my bail was. LOL! Thanks jerks!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I like the saran wrap over the toilet. Also i once told my husband i forgot to set the brake and our car rolled down a hill into a house. He was pissed for a min.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• ^^Also i once told my husband i forgot to set the brake and our car rolled down a hill into a house. He was pissed for a min.

LOL! My husband actually did that and ran down the neighbor's post lantern. When he told me, I figured he must have been kidding. I wish he had been.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• These are some great ideas, and some had me busting out laughing!! I do plan on putting on Facebook one of 2 things for a status update and they are
    "I'm pregnant and now to figure out who the father is" both of our families is on my friends list so this would be good then I was going to go to my 19 yr olds page and write on her wall that I just bought her 6 yr old brother an Ipad, this would be extra funny because she broke her laptop and I won't get her a new one.... oh this day will be fun
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2011