Hypothetical Driving Senario

So Its your first time driving alone on a High Way. You all of the sudden have to pull over because you are having a panic attack. Its so bad your death gripping the wheel. A Police Officer pulls over to see whats wrong. You can't talk just sit there crying. He has to call for help. Your car ends up being towed. And Your taken somwhere. Can the Police Officer charge you with something? (I don't drive so i don't know all the rules of the road)

MamaTrombley

Asked by MamaTrombley at 1:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• um i guess if your not insured then they can tow? I'm so sorry, did this happen to you are you okay now?
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 1:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• No It did not happen to me. I don't drive. Its just something that popped into my head on day. And I can't figure out the answer. And lets say yes you have a valid liscence and current insurance.
    MamaTrombley

Comment by MamaTrombley (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• he cant tow your car.... if everything is valid he would probably have you call a family member to come pick you up
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• heres a bump for ya.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 2:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• What Kylansmommy said...
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• More then likely in my city an officer wouldn't pull over to see what's wrong. If you're on the side of the road with 4-ways on they just keep going. But they wouldn't tow your car if nothing was illegal, they more then likely would call an ambulance to the scene, and notify a family member who would be responsible for getting your car within so many hours. Typically they give you 48 hours to removed an "abandoned" vehicle before they tow it, but that time can vary. Like if your tire blows, you don't have a spare, and a friend comes to pick you up. You can leave your car on the side of the road for so many hours before police will tow it.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• In that scenario I can see a few things happening. Either no one would stop because no one really cares about a car on the side of the road unless you put something white hanging out the window and leave your flashers on (to single you are having trouble). Or, if a cop does stop to investigate he'd probably try and calm you and send you on your way, have you call someone you know to get you or, he might give you a ride into the station if you didn't feel you could drive any further or find a ride. He wouldn't tow your car. You'd be responsible for that. The only way I see a ticket being involved is if the driver wasn't legal (no license or insurance or proper registration) or were doing something else illegal at the time (DUI or something like that).
    Heck, we slept an entire night parked on the side of a highway because both me and dh were too tired to drive any more. No one bothered us for 6 hours.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2011