How do you feel confident to share everythin w each other??

My SO made a comment that he was afraid to tell me something because he was afraid he's get mad. Well, hiding it from me just made it worse, and i wasnt even mad about what it was he was hiding.

How can I build that relationship w him that he can tell me anything?

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 1:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Hmm..... I can share anything on earth with my DH coz I've the confidence that he won't start shouting at me & even if he does there would be a reason enough & his temper will cool down fast... My DH too talk about our life & other matters.(I don't interefere or ask questions about his work coz that is best left to him.........)
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 2:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Practice makes perfect, start off with nothing to hide and keep it that way, you will want to share every little stupid thing, make it a rule......

Answer by older at 2:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My dh and I share everything. Even things people should share LOL. We are so crazy. I guess thats why I love him so much!
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My DH and I have never kept secrets from each other. I guess it's a trust thing. You should work on trusting him and he you, and then sharing everything will be second nature :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I think it depends on how long you have been together and/or whether you think you are "in it for life". I know my LP and I have been together over a decade and after 3 kids together, I think it is pretty clear we are not going anywhere. That level of trust and commitment to each other makes it easy to be completely open and honest with each other. I think that if I was just starting out with someone or was not sure if it was a lifelong commitment, I would be more hesitant to tell all.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I don't tell my husbnd everything. I tell him most things. I try to keep bathroom stuff to myself. I also keep him in the dark on our savings. He knows it's there but not the amount. He prefers that though. He knows he's bad at overspending.

I also don't tell him my weight or pant size or shoe size. I don't tell him when I seretly est hot wings every thursday.c
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2011