Severely Dry Skin

What is a good lotion/cream that won't break the bank to use for severely dry/cracked skin?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 2:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I use vaseline overnight
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• silkcocks base its what I use and I love it. it goes on really think but dries in after few mins, wash off the remainder andr its leaves your skin really soft and flake free, can also be used in the shower as a lotion. I get a large pot for bout 5 euro and it lasts so long. Ive known people with cancer goin thru chemo and this is what the doctor recommends for their dry skin.
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 3:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• If it’s severely cracked and dry it might be more than dry skin. For dry skin there are a couple of things you can try. Add bath salts to your tub water and soak. I love to do this but don't always make the time for myself. Make sure that after you bath or shower use a wash cloth or sea sponge to all over while rinsing. Don't dry off with a towel, air dry if you can stand it and while you are a little damp apply some lotion or baby oil.
    Les1951

Answer by Les1951 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• One of the ways to prevent dry skin is to use chemical-free skin care products. Research is showing that a buildup of chemicals on the skin from "regular" kinds of products can cause acne, dry skin and skin cancer.

To find chemical-free products, read labels, research ingredients and read as many skin care product reviews as possible.

Here's a link to a site with unbiased reviews of chemical-free and organic skin care. http://www.best-mens-skin-care.com/skin-care-product-reviews.html
    savvyone

Answer by savvyone at 7:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I like the Vaseline in the yellow bottle and the Vaseline with Aloe. I have a phobia about lotions so there are only a few that I can use. I have very very dry skin.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• There are many good creams you can try... and it might be trial and error till you find one that suits your skin... One thing for you to consider is to ensure that you include plenty of EFA's (essential fatty acids) in your diet... oily fish such as tuna and salmon, avocado, safflower oil... a great home made salad dressing is to mix equal quantities of safflower oil with cider vinegar... then add honey and garlic and fresh herbs to taste. I often add a squeeze of lemon juice too.... Mix it all up and keep in the fridge.... its delicious on salad or steamed vegetables
    dabsbeauty

Answer by dabsbeauty at 7:33 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• OMG, people, stay away from Vaseline and other petrochemicals. This stuff is poison!

Try hexane-free, extra virgin, organic coconut oil.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Mar. 20, 2011