How do you get your husband?

to help out more with the kids and things around the house instead of just lying around on the couch when they are home?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• i just ask him to help in a way he cant say no, like with meals i would say well are you ready to help make supper? and he will say yes or give me few minutes...either way he is helping, sometimes all he will do is get drinks and napkins out but even that helps a lil
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• You go out and leave them with him............................for a few long hours.........................................

Answer by older at 2:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I don't do anything. He just takes care of the house and kids right along with me. I thank his MOTHER for raising him properly. :)

Anonymous

• Give him a honey-do-list. Mr. Green

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• only take care of your kids.. when he asks shy something wasn't done say something along the lines of he doesn't have any broken limps... why didn't he do it!! LOL

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Ask. So many women expect their DH or SO to just *know* like they are mind readers or something. I always just ask my DH if I want some time to myself and he happily obliges :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:02 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It took a few yers but now i just make sure he knows what i want done. Normaly i give him a choice, floors or dishes (mine always chooses floors) i also don't correct how he does it. I hate his way but as long as he's helping i keep/quite. Also when it comes to cooking, i just buy a ton of stuff to grill. He helps with the kiddo cause i sometomes say ok it's bathtime for mommy and lock myself in the bathroom for a fe hours. Or if i want to shop i just wait till he's home, tell him I'm going to the store and leave.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I just ask him, no problem. He is living proof that a man can be a major gamer AND helpful around the house.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:27 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I go along with "Anonymous." I've been married for 28+ years and I made it very clear in the beginning that this is a partnership. We both work outside the home and inside the home. We get time alone to spend as we want and it's never been much of an issue.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2011