Getting Children motivated

what are some ways to get children more motivated and out doing things; playing outside and things instead of watching TV all the time?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Encourage sports and praise lots of praise.............................

Answer by older at 2:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• take the tv.. my parents were pretty strict wiht me growin up and what they ssaid went so if they told me to go out an play i did
    Anonymous

• We have set TV times, but getting mine to go outdoors is no problem. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I take technology away from them and force them to go outside. Today, since my son couldn't play video games, he got so bored and tired of reading that at about 11:30 this morning he put his coat and hat on and went for a walk around the neighborhood. The next thing I know, he's back to get his bike. He didn't come back inside until 7pm. I asked where he went and he met up with a few other kids on the base and they rode their bikes, skate boards, and scooters to the other neigborhoods and to the bark park. He had a ball and fell asleep at about 9pm. He was exhausted.
    Crimsonpope31

Answer by Crimsonpope31 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2011