Buried or cremated ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in

• Hubby and I both want to be cremated and our ashes mixed together ... together forever.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 4:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Doesn't matter--I'll be dead.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Buried. I already have a plot so it shouldn't be an issue. The thought of cremation really bothers me.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• cremation - I'll take up less space on the grave yard. Or none if my family wants my ashes at home on a shelf.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Definitely, cremated... Why would I want to waste land just to put an expensive box 6 feet under the ground that holds my decaying carcass.

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 3:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Cremation - it is far cheaper.
    A traditional funeral with body burial is crazy stupid expensive.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• This is a big internal debate for me right now. I want to be cremated, or anything less permanent.
    I hate the cost of burials. The responsibility it leaves a family to visit & upkeep the plot. and the permanent land you are taking up is crazy!

Id love to be buried in a wicker casket/wrapped in linens..so that my body will turn back to the land & in time will not be at the expense of the earth & land (ya know they are not making anymore of that right? lol)... The problem with that is STUPID LAWS..Im pretty sure if my husband buried me in our backyard he may see jail time or something lol.. and called crazy :-(

But as a Christian. typically being cremated is not looked to as a good thing. and $$$burials$$$ are what we "should" do...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• buried. i don't feel right being put into a furnace & set ablaze until theres nothing of me left. and there's something about having a burial plot that seems more personal for my family left behind. i know my family doesn't talk to my cremated niece, but they pray & kind of have conversations with my grandfather who was buried.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 4:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I want to be cremated.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I can't stand the thought of cremation. I have a nice plot under a tree, green grass - maybe my kids will plant some flowers....
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 4:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2011