How would you handle someone who called several times a day even though

you told them you were busy?
i have a week off for spring break then i start my clincals. i had plans to spring clean and spend time with kids and family, and then found out last night my half grandma died so i feel less like socializing. this friend and her bf keeps calling cause the bf is depressed and to spend time with my kids. (they claim them as grandkids since his kids wont allow them around their kids) i thought i made it very clear that my kids arent going any where and i dont want company, i had 10 missed calls from the friend n her bf today. the next time they call i know im gonna go off on them. how would you handle this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Frankly I would be blunt and say "I am sorry Thomas is depressed, BUT it is not my concern and I really don't have time to deal with you/Thomas and his problems right now. I have more important things on my mind like my Grandma's passing. Please stop calling me and tying up my phone line- as I am waiting to hear from family members and frankly your constant calls are starting to annoy me. I already told you that we were busy, and I wish you would respect that. "
    If it were me I might even add to that " If Thomas wants to see kids, maybe he should contact his own children and mend fences with them and see his own grandkids-- as mine are unavailable!"
    I kind of agree with SleepingBeautee that it sounds a bit creepy that he wants to see your kids--- frankly I find it a bit odd and I wonder why his own children are keeping him from being grandpa to his own grandchildren....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I'd stop answering the phone, to be honest.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• The whole "Thomas is depressed so we have to see your kids" creeps me the hell out! I seriously would start suspecting that he was a pedophile if it continues. I would not allow my kids around him EVER...And especially not alone. Are you sure he isn't on the sex offender website?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Turn off your phone
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• just keep missing them purposely and to really have them get the hint, maybe push the button on the side to have it go to voicemail or hit ignore. if its only the first day, then they might get the hint and the calls will get less the next day. They might be concerned about you is all.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I would be weary about letting them near my kids once I found out they are not allowed near thier grandkids. Then they act like this. Hun these are major red flags.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 4:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• thought about that but have to have it on so family members can get a hold of me since grandma died.....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• the 5 voicemails they left were we want to see the kids "thomas" is depressed. when i talked to the gf i told her we would be either goin out of town or i would have family here...i would think hearing that and knowing that my grandma just died would be a clue to let it go
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• just ignore them and if that doesnt work just explain in your best mommy voice that your very busy to be deatling with their problems right now and I agree with Sleeping Beautee that whole Thomas is depressed thing is just weird. Its your half gran is after dieing if they were friends they would be seeing how your doin. less about Thomas more bout you..
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 4:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Tell them you dont want to talk and will call them when you do.

Answer by gemgem at 11:53 AM on Mar. 20, 2011